Glenfarclas distillery has long been celebrated for its traditional distilling methods. It is also one of the only remaining family-run distilleries in Scotland. The Grant family has owned and run the distillery for five generations, and the Glenfarclas Family Collector Series celebrates this heritage through a number of impressive single malts:
- Glenfarclas 1966 Fino Casks Collector Series I, 70cl, 50.5%, distilled 23rd September 1966, bottled 18th December 2013 from casks 4194, 4195, and 4197, one of 1444.
- Glenfarclas 1956 Sherry Casks Collector Series II, 70cl, 47.5%, distilled 1st June and 30th October 1956, bottled 15th July 2014 from casks 1762, 1774, and 2356, one of 660.
- Glenfarclas 50 Year Old Collector Series III: 70cl, 41.1%, bottled 24th April 2015, one of 937.
- Glenfarclas 1981 Port Cask Collector Series IV: 70cl, 47.9%, distilled 16th January 1981, bottled 19th May 2016 from cask 521, one of 521.
- Glenfarclas 1986 Refill Sherry Butts Collector Series V: 70cl, 53.8%, distilled 26th September 1986, bottled 19th May 2016 from casks 3454 and 3457, one of 1094.
- Glenfarclas 1976 40 Year Old Collector Series VI: 70cl, 43.7%, distilled 1976, bottled 19th May 2016, one of 1500.
Not only do these bottles have amazing vintages and age statements, they are also incredibly undervalued on the secondary market.